- Kennel Cough in Dogs, and Answers
- Dog Flu or Canine Influenza
- Panosteitis in Dogs
- Great Dane Overcomes Pano Symptoms
- Cushing’s Disease in Dogs
- Bronchitis in Dogs
- Calif Vet on Results Using NZYMES for Dog Bites & Spider Bites
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniel & Dog-Food Poisoning
- Honey, Cairn Terrier & Failing Allergies Treatments
- Dachshund Paralysis Recoveries – Short Stories
Why Use Apple Cider Vinegar
Overview: Benefits of Using Apple Cider Vinegar
Surely we have all heard the old saying, “An apple a day keeps the doctor away”. This could well have a lot of merit. Apples are among the most health-giving fruits available to us. They contain a host of beneficial vitamins and minerals, such as phosphorous, potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron, and many trace elements as well. And, they are the central ingredient in apple cider vinegar.
Apple Cider vinegar is a powerful detoxifying and purifying agent. It breaks down fatty, mucous and phlegm deposits within the body. By breaking down these substances it improves the health and function of the vital organs of the body, such as the kidneys, bladder and liver, by preventing excessively alkaline urine. It also oxidizes and thins the blood, which is important in preventing high blood pressure. This powerful potion also promotes digestion, assimilation and elimination, all the while neutralizing any toxic substances that enter the body. Cider vinegar has been found to neutralize any harmful bacteria that may be found in certain foods. When a mixture of cider vinegar and water is taken before a meal (particularly food served in restaurants or at picnics where the preparation or duration of food left uncovered and not refrigerated is questionable), it seems to prevent diarrhea or digestive upsets.
Apple cider vinegar contains a potent supply of potassium which researchers feel is helpful in easing the effects of common colds and allergies, including mucous formation, watery eyes, sinus and catarrhal problems. Cider vinegar can also be beneficial for symptoms such as tooth decay and splitting of the fingernails, which are symptoms of potassium deficiency. Potassium is essential for the replacement of worn-out tissues within the body. This mineral is also important to soft tissue repair, as calcium is to the bones and teeth. A deficiency of potassium within the body can produce callous formations on the souls of the feet, insufficient replacement of worn tissue, and hair loss.
Tests have proven that soil deficient in potassium will produce anemic and undersized plants, but when potassium is introduced into the soil, the plant becomes healthier and increases in size. When potassium, in the form of cider vinegar is fed to livestock their appearance improves and their stamina increases. This can also prove true on a human level for those who have potassium deficiency. A few teaspoons of cider vinegar taken with water each day has been known to produce amazing results. Cider vinegar can be taken alone or used in cooking. It can be used as a salad dressing, for pickling, in making mayonnaise or sprinkled on potato chips or French fries. It can be used as a hot or cold beverage, sweetened with honey. The best method of using apple cider vinegar is in its natural liquid form.
When the body is lacking certain minerals or salts, ill health can be the result. Toxic build-ups with the body can cause boils, blisters, acne, etc. Apple Cider vinegar detoxifies and helps with the cleansing and clotting processes of the blood, by helping along the blood oxidation process.
Apple Cider vinegar is thought to be beneficial in the treatment of arthritis, as a beverage or with compresses soaked in hot vinegar applied directly to the joints. It is also thought to be helpful when used to treat asthma, nose bleeds, osteoporosis, cancer, candida, high cholesterol, colds, constipation, muscle cramps, colitis, diabetes, diarrhea, depression, dizziness, ear discharge, eczema, fatigue, gallstones, kidney stones, hay fever, headaches, heartburn, hiccups, indigestion, insomnia, kidney and bladder problems, metabolism, nasal congestion, sore throats, stiff joints, ulcers and weight loss.
Please check with your physician before starting any new treatments with apple cider vinegar, including dietary changes. Alternative or holistic health procedures are meant to be complimentary process to traditional medical practices, and not used in place of them.
Apple Cider Vinegar and Yeast Problems in Dogs or Cats
~ Using raw apple-cider vinegar rinse: In Yeast candida cases (itching & nasty skin problems), it can be helpful to apply a FINAL rinse using a 50/50 mixture of raw apple cider vinegar and water.
NOTE: Never to be applied to areas where your pet has raw skin or open lesions.
~ ADD Raw Apple Cider Vinegar to Pet’s water daily, per the following chart.
Body Weight Amount to Give
- 10 lbs. or less 1/4 teaspoon per day
- 10 to 60 lbs. 1 teaspoon per day
- 60 lbs. and above 2 teaspoons per day
DON’T MIX OX-E-DROPS AND APPLE CIDER VINEGAR TOGETHER AS THEY TEND TO CANCEL EACH OTHER OUT. (Acid vs. Alkaline)
Kennel Cough in Dogs, and Answers
> The Nzymes® Gentle, Effective Answer to Kennel Cough Watching...
- Posted May 9, 2016
Dog Flu or Canine Influenza
Facts and Resolution Options for the Dog Flu Dog Flu...
- Posted May 9, 2016
Panosteitis in Dogs
An Overview – PANO, or Panosteitis in Dogs Panosteitis is...
- Posted May 6, 2016
Great Dane Overcomes Pano Symptoms
Harley’s Issues: Pano, Growing Pains, Dull Coat Thank you, thank...
- Posted May 6, 2016
Cushing’s Disease in Dogs
Cushing’s Syndrome & Challenges, + Support Options Cushing’s Disease, or...
- Posted May 6, 2016
Persian Conquers Cat Urinary Issues – Feline Urologic Syndrome
Skye-Friday Problems: Cat Urinary Issues I am the owner of...
- Posted May 5, 2016
Shedding or Hair Loss in Dogs or Cats
Those Pesky Shedding or Hair Loss Concerns When seeking help...
- Posted April 20, 2016
TOLL-FREE CONTACT#: 877-816-6500
- > The Nzymes® Gentle, Effective Answer to Kennel Cough Watching your dog suffer with kennel cough can be heart wrenching. However, watching a short Video – at the bottom of …Read More »
- Facts and Resolution Options for the Dog Flu Dog Flu Overview The Dog Flu is an illness or Condition usually involving respiratory distress and possibly other symptoms, such as fever. …Read More »
- An Overview – PANO, or Panosteitis in Dogs Panosteitis is often abbreviated as PANO due to yet another medical name that is difficult to say, much less remember. Never the less, panosteitis …Read More »
- Harley’s Issues: Pano, Growing Pains, Dull Coat Thank you, thank you, and thank you. Well, it’s been 8 days since I have been giving my boy, Harley, the double dose …Read More »
- Cushing’s Syndrome & Challenges, + Support Options Cushing’s Disease, or Syndrome, is best described as a set of symptoms that tend to accompany the “over-production of Cortisol” within the body. …Read More »
- Skye-Friday Problems: Cat Urinary Issues I am the owner of two long-haired breeds, the Ragdoll and the Persian. When I got my Persian she had serious health problems and reoccurring …Read More »